You're welcome to leave comments for any of the posts (click on the little pencil icon at the end of a post), or contact me directly at tonysguitarblog@googlemail.com

Friday, March 14, 2008

Current thoughts ...

As of today, I'm still at the stage of thinking about the design, the construction and the materials.

I *think* the build will be a traditional PRS-alike shape, using 3 single-coil-sized humbuckers. Body wood will be mahogany with a maple cap, and a maple neck with ebony fingerboard.

But then I could change my mind completely before the build starts ... that's all part of the fun.

I do have a P90 pickup sat here looking for a guitar ... so perhaps 2 of the humbuckers (neck and bridge positions) with the P90 in the middle ... perhaps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The p90 might give you some interesting tonal variations. would it have to be (or is it) matched properly to the other pickups to get equal volume outputs?