You're welcome to leave comments for any of the posts (click on the little pencil icon at the end of a post), or contact me directly at tonysguitarblog@googlemail.com

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yesterday's work ...

The neck / body join looks good and tight ... although the neck is about 2mm too high. I realised that only after I'd spent 45mins getting the join as tight as I could. Next job - take 2mm off the neck pocket and check it again.

Here's the routing done - always feels like a major milestone because it means that the neck join is OK (so that I can measure exactly where the bridge needs to go), and also means that most of the "destructive" work is now also done - ie not so much more sawdust to be created from this piece of wood.
This next step is just about getting the angles right. You really need 2 pairs of eyes to check both the horizontal AND the vertical alignment as you drill.


No comments: